Canon EOS 200D Camera Body Only
The EOS 200D features a large 24.2 MP, APS-C-size CMOS sensor and the new DIGIC 7 image processor, enabling users to shoot in low-light conditions such as at night or indoors by setting their native ISO speed settings at up to 25600 (expandable to ISO 51200) to achieve images that retain all the details and colours with minimal noise. Combining Canon’s proprietary technology – Dual Pixel CMOS AF and a Vari-angle touchscreen LCD panel, enable you to focus and capture your subject easily while in Live View mode.
- Brand: Canon
- Model Year: 2017
- Item Weight: 454 g
- Product Dimensions: 6.9 x 12.2 x 9.1 cm
- Batteries: 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
- Compatible Devices: EF and EFS lens
24.2-megapixel APS-C sensor, Dual Pixel CMOS AF, Fun movie shooting functions, beginner-friendly Guided mode, Share self-portraits and group portraits easily on social media, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity with the camera requires Canon’s dedicated application, Camera Connect, available for download free-of-charge from the App Store and Google Play.
- Included Components: One Camera body only, battery, charger, memory card and cable
- Screen Size: 3 Inches
- Optical Zoom: 200 X
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Max Resolution: 24.2 Megapixels
- Optical Sensor Resolution: 24.2 Megapixels
- Max Vertical Resolution: 4000 Pixels
- Max Shutter Speed: 30 Seconds
- Batteries Included: Yes
- Batteries Required: Yes
- Battery Cell Composition: Lithium Ion
- Has Auto Focus: Yes
- Has Self Timer: Yes
- Includes AC Adapter: No
- Includes Remote: No
- Includes External Memory: No
- Supports Bluetooth Technology: Yes.
Canon Eos 200d Dslr Camera Body Only In Black Summary:
Visual storytelling is made easy with the Canon EOS 200D – a feature-packed digital SLR camera that combines familiar touchscreen controls with superb image quality & offers you access to Canon’s legendary range of interchangeable lenses.
You can use the EOS 200D how you want to; it gives you the freedom to shoot cinematic Full HD movies & simply share videos and images online by easily transferring them to your smart device.
The Canon EOS 200D is your route into the world of DSLR photography. It packs features seen in professional DSLRs, such as Dual Pixel CMOS AF for video which allows for fast and accurate in-video focusing and gives you that cinematic push/pull focusing effect, with the compact and lightweight size that earns it the title of the world’s lightest DSLR.
Using a next-generation 24.2 megapixel CMOS sensor and pairing the EOS 200D with Canon’s extensive range of EF and EF-S lenses ensures superb image quality for both photos and video.
With the ability to shoot Full 1080p HD videos and 24 megapixel images and share them in moments from your smart device via the camera’s in-built Bluetooth, NFC, or Wi-Fi connections gives you the freedom to capture and publish images how you want to.
As you learn with Canon’s well-reviewed Guide Mode in the EOS 200D, you’ll get more creative and grow your skills so you can take advantage of Canon’s full range of EOS system cameras, lenses and accessories.
Image Sensor & Processor:
- The Canon EOS 200D features a 1.6x crop 24.2 megapixel CMOS sensor with Canon’s EOS integrated cleaning system.
- Powering the EOS 200D is the latest & powerful DIGIC 7 image processor.
Compatible Lens Types:
The Canon 200D can use any Canon EF or EF-S mount lens. Although it can use full-frame EF-mount lenses, the focal lengths will be adjusted to compensate for the 1.6x crop. However, EF-S lenses are built for this camera.
Focusing on the Canon 200D:
Using the bright optical viewfinder, focusing is done TTL (Through The Lens) using phase-detection system with a dedicated AF sensor. This gives 9 AF points, with the centre point being a cross-type AF point.
Via the 3.0 inch vari-angle LCD touchscreen, focusing is performed by the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system with phase detection pixels built onto the imaging surface.
When using the optical viewfinder, the Canon 200D features a 63 zone dual-layer metering sensor with Evaluative, partial, spot (centre only) and centre-weighted average metering.
Using Live View on the LCD touchscreen, metering is done using 315 zones for evaluative metering, partial metering of approx. 6% of the screen, spot metering of approx 2.6% of the screen and centre weighted average metering.
The Canon EOS 200D uses an electronically controlled focal-plane shutter with a range from 30 seconds to 1/4000th/sec, adjustable in 1/2 and 1/3 stop increments. It also features a Bulb option.
For ease of shooting no matter the angle, the Canon 200D features a 3.0 inch vari-angle ClearView II TFT LCD touchscreen with approx. 1040k sRGB dots, it has approx 100£ coverage and a viewing angle of approximately 170 degrees both horizontally and vertically.
Selectable shooting modes on the Canon EOS 200D are Scene Intelligent Auto (Stills and Movie), No Flash, Creative Auto, SCN(Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Group Photo, Night Portrait, Handheld Night Scene, HDR Backlight Control, Food, Kids, Candlelight), Creative filters, Program AE, Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual (Stills and Movie), and Self Portrait.
- Picture styles are: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined (x3).
- The camera records images in sRGB and Adobe RGB colour spaces.
- Continuous shooting is possible at up to approx. 5fps, and available drive modes include Single, Continuous L, Continuous H, and a 2 second and 10 second self timer.
Live View Mode:
- Shooting in live view mode with the Canon 200D offers approx. 100% coverage both horizontally and vertically, with a frame rate of 30fps.
- Focusing is made easy with the ability to magnify the image up to 5x or 10x at any point on the screen, with Dual Pixel CMOS AF handling autofocussing.
- Connections available on the Canon EOS 200D are hi-speed USB to a computer, Wi-Fi at 2.4GHZ, Bluetooth Low Energy, and NFC.
- Video Output is in PAL/NTSC and possible via HDMI mini output, and there’s an external 3.5mm stereo mini jack microphone too.
- With one SD card slot, the Canon 200D accepts SD, SDHC, and SDXC (UHS Speed Class 1 compatible).
- The battery for the Canon 200D is the rechargeable Li-ion LP-E17.
- Battery life using the viewfinder is approx 650 shots at 23 degrees celsius or 620 shots at zero degrees celsius, or using Live View it’s approx. 260 shots at 23 degrees celsius or 240 shots at zero degrees celsius.
- The Canon 200D chassis is aluminium alloy and polycarbonate resin with glass fiber. The Exterior is polycarbonate resin with glass fiber and special conductive fiber.
- The camera measures 122.4 x 92.6 x 69.8mm and weighs approx 453g for the black version, 454g for the silver version, and 456g for the white version.